Terms of Business Agreement
Terms & Conditions
‘The Company’ is GRID Associates Limited. ‘The Client’ means the party, or any person acting on their behalf with whom the Company contracts.
PO = Purchase Order / VAT = Value Added Tax
1. All charges & prices for services carried out by the Company are subject to VAT (where applicable) at the prevalent rate.
2. All estimated prices quoted, whether written or verbal, are for the listed and mentioned services only. Any additional services required to complete a project will be quoted for in advance and charged accordingly. Deliveries and couriers are additional.
3. A signed purchase order (preferably with a PO number and project value) will need to be raised for the full quoted and agreed amount before work can commence on any job.
A separate PO may need to be raised for any extras such as distribution, storage,deliveries or mailing.
4. All work is billed either monthly or on completion (critical or final) of project stage, or the relevant hourly charge as previously agreed.
5. All estimates are based on expected or agreed design time and include two sets of authors corrections where alterations are called for by the Client, or if additional changes are required by client.
6. Where there is a change of brief, GRID Associates Limited will inform the Client in advance of any extra costs likely to be incurred.
7. All projects are planned to an agreed schedule. Non-adherence to this schedule by the Client may result in compromising final delivery deadlines. If this is likely to occur, GRID Associates Limited will advise the Client as soon as this becomes evident and suggest an alternative solution where feasible. This may incur additional costs.
8. Whilst every eort will be made to achieve agreed delivery, GRID Associates Limited cannot accept liability or be held financially responsible for any targets or deadlines being missed for delivery of any work which is outside of the GRID Associates Limited’s control.
9. For all new clients payment for the full or part amount + VAT may be requested in advance of commencement, as agreed between parties. For any subsequent invoiced work, GRID Associates Limited must receive full payment not later than 30 days after the date of Invoice. GRID Associates Limited reserve the right to make a surcharge of 2% per month interest to accounts that are not paid by this time. Client credit screening may affect any subsequent credit agreement.
10. Once a client has agreed GRID Associates Limited’s current Terms and Conditions on a credit account with the company. GRID Associates Limited shall invoice in project stages
e.g. Stage 1: Conceptual Design
Stage 2: Concept Development
Stage 3: Design Development
Stage 4: Final Planned Artwork (in the case of print projects).
Stage 5: Provision of final planned artwork
Upon stage completion unless where exceptional terms have been agreed with the client.
11. GRID Associates Limited reserve the right to invoice for any disbursements for part works carried out including third party costs incurred on a project should the project be unable to be completed for any reason or has been delayed/put on hold by the Client for a period of 4 weeks or more then stage invoicing will occur.
12. In good faith, GRID Associates Limited would hold any supplied files, originals and materials for a period of up to 12 months. Resumption of works on the project would be completed according to the original schedule of costs so long as the project specification remained unaltered.
13. Disbursements on behalf of any client may result in a request for payment in advance from the Client.
14. All creative work produced and devised during a project(s), creative, digital, software
files and related correspondence remain the property – physically, intellectually and in copyright, of GRID Associates Limited until full payment has been made on the Client’s account, and all project costs have been cleared.
15. Once final proofs/materials have been signed off, GRID Associates Limited cannot be held responsible financially or otherwise for any errors relating to print, programming or any end product.
16. It is the responsibility of the Client that all materials (including, but not limited to images, diagrams, logos, videos, data, as well as intellectual property in other media) supplied to GRID Associates Limited by the client will have the relevant copyrights, licenses and permissions for use in the commissioned project. GRID Associates Limited will not accept responsibility/liability for infringements caused by any wrongly supplied materials.
17. GRID Associates Limited reserves the right to commission freelance support or outsource any job if it is felt it is in the best interests of the Client. Any outsourced job remains the property and responsibility of GRID Associates Limited and such services are deemed to be carried out ‘indirectly’ by GRID Associates Limited.
18. As part of larger projects which involve 3rd parties commissioned directly by the client, GRID Associates Limited will not be held responsible in any way for services not carried out/managed directly or indirectly.
19. Advice of any loss, quality or damage issues must be reported to GRID Associates Limited within five clear working days of delivery and receipt (whether be printed or digital) and and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to the Company within 3 working days thereafter. GRID Associates Limited shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with.
20. In the event of any bona fide dispute or difference arising between the parties in connection with the Contract (excluding any dispute relating to non payment of the Charges, for whatever reason), the parties shall attempt to resolve such dispute or difference in good faith or by mediation. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform GRID Associates Limited immediately of any issue that may lead to a dispute (including but not limited to quality, service, cost, deadline), without such information, no disputes will be entered into.
21. Every endeavor will be made to deliver the correct printed quantity ordered, but estimates are conditional upon margins of 5%. GRID Associates Limited reserves the right to change/alter ordered amounts in the Client’s best interest.
22. Whilst taking every care to protect all media and correspondence supplied, GRID Associates Limited cannot accept liability or be held responsible financially or otherwise for any loss. Disputes will not be entered into.
23. GRID Associates Limited cannot guarantee the Client exclusivity of any marketing concept, strategy, design or other intellectual property provided. Therefore, GRID Associates Limited will not accept liability for any alleged claim from the Client or any Third Party as the result of unintentional similarity in part or whole of a Third Party’s copyright protected or registered trademark or brand, identity, strapline, colour usage, image style and content, product or otherwise.
24. It remains the Client’s responsibility to seek copyright protection if desired for any creative/intellectual property provided to the Client by GRID Associates Limited.
25. If at any point during the design or development cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that GRID Associates Limited judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission and further compensatory charges for booked design time or printing press time or any other supply costs accruing.
26. GRID Associates Limited reserves the right to the addition of our Company credit on printed or digital projects unless instructed otherwise by the Client and, to the use for self-promotion any work carried out for the Client.
27. GRID Associates Limited reserves the right to use both initial creative concepts and final approved design work for the purposes of GRID Associates Limited’s marketing activities (both online and offline) unless otherwise requested/agreed with the Client.
28. Terms and Conditions may be changed at any time without prior notice to its clients.
Notification will be sent to all clients at the time of the Terms and Conditions alterations.
29. GRID Associates Limited shall be under no liability if it should be unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond it’s control including (without limiting the foregoing), Act of God, Legislation, War, Act of terrorism, Fire, Flood, Drought, Failure of power supply, Lock out, Strike by employees in contemplation of furtherance of dispute or inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the Customer may, by written notice,elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto, shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
30. GRID Associates Limited will have a lien over any product, data or materials if all payments due from you have not been paid and cleared in full within 1 month from the date of the invoice.
31. GRID Associates Limited reserves the right to withhold supply of goods and, in the case of web services, this includes recalling services including the hosting of websites.
As the Client you are agreeing fully to GRID Associates’ trading Terms and Conditions by commissioning our services.